Significant Life Episodes from 2012 & A 2013 Preview
2012. You have been a squeal-inducing season-ender, a cliffhanger, a climactic denouement.
Everything in my life thus far has led me to this point, and this year has been a big culmination of all the lessons and experiences in my life thus far. It’s been filled with turning points, and memorable / fulfilling / challenging experiences. In 2012, I’ve managed to:
- Become pesco-vegetarian in January (started eating fish again in September, but will probably get off it again)
- Throw together another Anteroom Sessions
- Explore yoga
- Travel alone (Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Sri Lanka, Philippines - Dumaguete)
- Travel for an extended periods of time (two and a half months around Asia; Nearly two weeks in Baguio, and again in Dumaguete & Bacolod; and again in India)
- Stay at the Hariharalaya Center in Siem Reap for 2 weeks and reaffirm things I had already been thinking of
- Resign from my own company (it is the bomb I referred to in the last paragraph here)
- Journey 31 hours from Battambang, Cambodia to Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chat with monk Tiko in Chiang Mai
- “Train” an elephant
- Learn about textiles in Ock Pop Tok, Luang Prabang
- Stop whining thanks to COPE in Vientiane
- Learn about eco-tourism practices from Jetwing Sigiriya and Rainforest Eco Lodge, Deniyaya.
- Kick a guy in the balls (I’ve been wanting to do this since high school / college)
Stop Dreaming, Start Preparing
Recently, @thysz tweeted:
“You can be a wanna-be or an about-to-be.” - John Varvatos
And being the non-fashionista that I am, I had to Google John Varvatos.
But anyway, regardless of the industry one is in, the above quote applies. So many times, we get so caught up in our daily lives, and our escapist dreams, that we fail to do any action.
And I guess that’s sort of what happened since I started this blog.
I started it with a mission in mind, but it got sidetracked when I encountered some unexpected setbacks that sort of forced me to backtrack, and I really haven’t taken proactive measures make sure I get back on track. Until now.
I was clear with my intention to attempt to “chronicle my steps towards a sustainable nomadic lifestyle by 2013 via increasing mobile small business management and development”, but somehow, I lost sight of the goals I set before, and I haven’t been dedicating the weekly/daily amount of time I initially hoped to give to certain efforts toward attaining those goals.
So yeah, this is a public reminder to myself of my plans, and to redraft them as necessary. And finally list down the strategies I wound up never posting.
In the meantime, you might want to check out the Nomad Manager shop. :P